Want a fabulous wedding but strapped for cash? When planning a wedding budget, engaged couples often ponder this question; “What is the best way to save money but for a low cost?” Most weddings cost an average of $20,000- $50,000. This will not work out for cash- strapped couples. Below, I offer cheap wedding ideas that will fit your wedding budget!
* Avoid the High Season: The majority of wedding events occur between the months of May- October. Having a ceremony in these months does not bode well for your budget. To avoid the high season, the best idea would be to get married in low- season months, such as December – March. Wedding vendors also have less bookings in these months so you will definitely get a better rate for their services. Remember to try to negotiate (not bully!) for the best cost for your budget. This is a cheap idea that will not hurt your pockets!
* Cheap Wedding favors as your Centerpiece: A great idea is to incorporate cheap favors as a centerpiece. This way, you can cut cost on the amount of flowers and accessories that you may order. A great, but cheap idea would be to order chocolate kisses ( in your wedding colors) and place them in a beautiful vase that your guests can admire and eat! Votive candles with your ceremony date and colors is also a beautiful and cheap wedding idea that will cut costs!
* Cheap Wedding venues: Most Reception halls charge their highest fees on weddings held on Friday- Saturday. For cheap wedding venues options, try having your event on a holiday that happens to fall on a weekday or have your wedding on a Sunday or Monday. These dates will likely guarantee a bargain for your wedding budget.
* Inexpensive Wedding Cake: Who can afford an elaborate, overpriced wedding cake? To have a really inexpensive wedding cake, you can have a small wedding cake on top and a faux bottom for the lower two tiers of the wedding cake. A sheet cake may be served for the guests. This is a cheap idea that will not make a dent in your wedding budget!
* Affordable Wedding Flowers: OK, so you’ve decided that you want flowers for your event. How to find affordable wedding flowers fit for your budget? Find out what’s currently in season and use more green plants in your blooms. Also, use flowers that the florists always have in stock. Carnations, Baby breaths, Roses and Lily’s are always in stock and are great, cheap wedding ideas for your decor. For a church wedding, I would rather have flowers at the reception; add pillar candles in a clear glass hurricane lamps down the aisle for a serene and romantic atmosphere.
* Discount Wedding Dresses: Most brides dream of a Vera Wang or Justin Alexander dress but if your are on a tight budget, that will not be possible. A great idea for discount wedding dresses would be to check out the sample sales and outlet stores for sales prices! If the dress is a tad bit big, you can always have a seamstress make adjustments. Another idea? Pick a Bridesmaid dress! Find out what color the bridesmaid dress comes in and order it in white. Voila! You now have a wedding dress that you got on a discount!